Sunday, July 30, 2023

Borderlands and other notes

Hi everyone,

So as a lot of folks know tonight's stream didn't start until 8:30 PM, because of reasons beyond my control that could've have been prevented thanks to someone actually being prepared for folks to visit them even though the date was sent a month in advance. We left at around 8:40 AM this morning on a two hour car trip to North Jersey, so it was around 10:45 AM when we got there, and when I'm heard that we should 'drive slower', that already put me in a foul mood and put me on edge the entire time, because I was figuring at the latest we'd be leaving by 4 PM to come back, so I would have enough time to refresh from the two hour car ride... but nope, we didn't leave till 5 PM and I didn't make it back home till right before 7 PM.

And I'm someone who likes to do a bit of prep before the stream, make sure everything is working as it should, have my drinks and snacks ready and those pre-flight checks can take 30 minutes... but since I was coming home after a two hour car ride, I needed much more time.

The stream tonight saw us starting up the Xbox version of Borderlands, and like my Steam play-through several years ago, we're playing as Lilith. But unlike my Steam play-through, I opened up the game to be public, so random people can drop in and out at anytime, which throws off the team balance to a very large degree. I got a fair bit done solo as I was doing all the side quests before we were joined by random folks. I still got several side quests to do in the first area before moving on, but I'm a higher level than I would've been since Sledge is already defeated.

We're going to put Borderlands in the Monday-Tuesday-Thursday slots of the schedule going forward.

Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition Achievements

  • Paid in Fyrestone: Completed 5 missions in the Arid Badlands
  • Discovered Skag Gully: Discovered Skag Gully
  • Ding! Newbie: Earned level 5
  • Truly Outrageous: Killed an enemy with the Siren's action skill
  • Pyro: Killed 25 enemies with incendiary weapons
  • Ding! Novice: Earned level 10
  • Get A Little Blood on the Tires: Killed 25 enemies by ramming them with any vehicle
  • And They'll Tell Two Friends: Played with at least two other players.
  • Discovered Sledge's Safe House: Discovered Sledge's Safe House
  • Fence: Sold 50 guns to a shop
  • Discovered Headstone Mine: Discovered Headstone Mine
  • Group LF Healer: Rescued a groupmate from death in a co-op game
  • Wanted: Sledge: Killed Sledge
  • United We Stand: Defeated the Rakk Hive, the Vault Boss, Sledge, Krom, or Flynt in a co-op game
  • There are some who call me...Tim: Equipped a class mod for your character

For the raid we dropped in on oldish22 who was featuring Path of Exlie over on twitch.tv/oldish22

Obviously got no writing done at all because of how Saturday went over all, I hope to get a good portion of the Mass Effect short story commission done on Sunday.

In fact I didn't get ANYTHING DONE THAT I HOPED TO DO... as in prep-work was done for meals I was hoping to making for Sunday and Monday.

Sunday's stream will start on time at 7 PM Eastern (unless there is a power our internet outage) an we'll featuring Overwatch, see you then over on twitch.tv/fredcasden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Persona 4 Golden and other notes

Tonight's stream of Persona 4 Golden saw us learn that Kanji is the next person that needs to be rescued and some things regarding his s...