Thursday, June 3, 2021

Today's Notes 6/3/21: Adventures With The Division

Good morning everybody,

Hey it's a work day and I will actually have work again today, so that's good to know.

Last night's stream of The Division was the usual mix of me casually roaming around, then things kicking into high gear when Iceman joined in to advance the plot. In this case it involved dealing with the leader of the Riker's gang as we cleared out another major area of the map. And since I've had a nice stream joing when it comes to achievements, I picked up three more last night.

  1. Crime and Punishment: Eliminate the leader of the Rikers gang and her bodyguards in Lexington Event Center.
  2. Deconstructive Criticism: Deconstruct 100 items.
  3. One Down, Two to Go!: Completely upgrade any one wing of the Base of Operations.

And of course here are some clips from last night (they will open in a new window)

Twitch Clips: I Can Revive Myself

Twitch Clips: He Should've Ran

Twitch Clips: Jumped Off The Ladder onto Iceman...

Now there is a bit of weirdness when it comes to people who have played The Division before, as for the past several stream of it in the early going, those who have high world tiers / higher in-game rank have been randomly wanting to join in. Now I'm one who will play with viewers under the right circumstances, stuff like Overwatch, Smite, and to a lesser extent Star Trek Online, or going head to head with a fighting game. But when it comes to games like The Division or the Gears of War franchise, I really do prefer to play with folks I've gotten to know. That's just me.

Anyway, after the stream, I turned my focus back to Mortal Kombat 11 to grind out of the final towers needed to get the game's 57th achievement. 

  1. Master of Time: Komplete 250 Towers

With that now done, I no longer will have to play MK11 every night to chase down the grindy achievements. There is one more achievement, 'No Bad Match Ups' which is the to complete all the . Strategy Tutorials but I will not be going after that because the button inputs require such perfect timing all that will lead to is frustration. So I'll more than likely turn my attention to Power Rangers; Battle for the Grid to resume work on it's grindy as hell achievements 

My Elgato Stream Deck Mini arrived yesterday and I already figured out how I'll be using it with my streams. There will be two new channel point redemption, one that will result in the theme for Guile (from Street Fighter II) being played, to prove if it indeed can go with anything, and another will be for random sound clips to be played, stuff like movie quotes, sound effects. I'll know what I'll program into it, but what results when the button is pressed will be randomized. I'll have a timer in place which would make the 'glasses' redemption a little better implemented since I'll have an actual count down timer. There's a clip button which will make getting twitch clips easier particularly for PC games. Now I'll have two more buttons to work with, so I might make one a sleep function for the Deck, and the other another long sound redemption.

Today's Fitness Boxing 2 session was 31 minutes, and featured Intermediate Combo #1, Defensive Combo #2 and Double Combo #1 . Estimated Calorie Burn was 528 kcal. Out of 104 'great combo' sequences, I was only successful with 102 of them as a result of my timing with Left Uppercuts out of the Orthodox stance being way off.  Unlocked the 'New Weigh of Life' achievement, which is to enter 30 days worth of weight data, as today I weighed in at 249 pounds. Granted my weight has been hovering between 249 and 250, so subtle differences. We're up to 90 out of 100 for the Martina's Best Friend achievement.  

With it being Thursday Star Trek Online, and we'll be going through The House United content with Sorra who is my Klingon Defense Force aligned character. Stream will probably start on time at 6:30 PM EST.

And on that note we'll see you later over on twitch.tv/fredcasden!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Persona 4 Golden and other notes

Tonight's stream of Persona 4 Golden saw us learn that Kanji is the next person that needs to be rescued and some things regarding his s...